Table of Contents
- What is Zazzle & How Does it Work?
- Is Zazzle Legit & Safe?
- How Can You Make Money with Zazzle?
- Sell Your Images on Zazzle as a Designer
- Become a Zazzle Associate
- How to Start Selling on Zazzle as a Designer?
- Start Selling Your Images on Zazzle
- Zazzle Royalty Percentage
- Zazzle Payments
- What Sells the Most on Zazzle?
- How to Make Money as a Zazzle Associate?
- How Does Zazzle Associate Program Work?
- Zazzle Commission Rate
- Zazzle Associate Payments
- Zazzle Promotional Tools
- How Much Money Can You Make on Zazzle?
- Zazzle Pros & Cons
- Zazzle Alternatives
- Is it Worth Selling Your Images or Designs with Zazzle?
What is Zazzle & How Does it Work?
Zazzle is an online marketplace for made-to-order customizable products.
The Zazzle selling community consists of designers who provide content, manufacturers, who provide physical goods and associates, who help the platform grow while making money through referral commissions.
Zazzle provides easy to use templates that allow you to design any digital or physical product and sell them online.
With Zazzle, you can design:
- Physical products like t-shirts, face coverings, coffee mugs, etc.
- Zoom virtual backgrounds
- Business cards
- Snapchat filters
- Youtube banners and thumbnails
- Flyers and posters
- Social media posts
What’s best about Zazzle is that once the sale is made, Zazzle takes care of everything from fulfillment to shipping and customer service.
Is Zazzle Legit & Safe?
Zazzle is a safe and legit platform that’s been on the market since 1999 – let’s face it, if they weren’t safe, they couldn’t come this far.
Moreover, Zazzle is accredited by the Better Business Bureau with the highest rating of A+. You can also find over 4,000 customer reviews about Zazzle on TrustPilot.
How Can You Make Money with Zazzle?
There are 2 ways of making money with Zazzle – you can sell your designs on the Zazzle marketplace or you can promote the website in exchange for a commission.
The best part is that you can do both to maximize your earnings.
Sell Your Images on Zazzle as a Designer
As a designer, you can create images for different uses – for digital or physical products. While Zazzle offers templates for you to create designs easily, you can also upload your own custom designs as well.
Here’s how selling your images on Zazzle works:
- You upload your designs on the Zazzle marketplace.
- A customer likes it and purchases it.
- Zazzle processes payments and handles customer service.
- Zazzle prints and ships your products to your buyers.
- Finally, Zazzle sends you payment – a percentage of the sale.
Become a Zazzle Associate
Zazzle offers an Associate Program that works just like an affiliate link-sharing program. For each customer you refer to Zazzle through your affiliate link, you’ll get a commission from the sale.
The associate program is a great way for you to make additional money if you have a blog, an engaged social media following or just a lot of friends who would be interested in Zazzle.
How to Start Selling on Zazzle as a Designer?
Start Selling Your Images on Zazzle
Joining Zazzle as a designer and selling your work is a pretty straightforward process.
Here’s the step-by-step guide to start selling your images on Zazzle:
- Create your Zazzle account
- Click ‘Create a Store’ under ‘My Account to open a free designer store and pick your store name
- Create a design – choose a product that you want to apply your design to. Then either create your design using the design tool or upload your existing image. The visual tool allows you to arrange and resize different elements of your design to fit the product as desired.
- Post your design for sale – when you’re satisfied with your product, just click the ‘Post for sale’ button to publish it on the Zazzle marketplace.
- Finally, you’ll make money each time your design sells. Zazzle offers a ‘Name Your Royalty’ program that allows you to specify how much you make through each sale.
Zazzle Royalty Percentage
You can choose your own royalty rate based on how much you value your work (up to 99%). However, Zazzle recommends royalties between 10% and 15% with an average of 12%.
The royalties you choose determine your product’s final price as well. The final price = the base price + the royalty.
For example, if you price your coffee mug design for $18.95, you’ll be getting $2.27 in royalties at the rate of 12% each time your coffee mug sells.
Each earnings cycle, i.e. the month is followed by 30 days or clearance period. After the clearance period, Zazzle will release the funds you accrued in the past month.
For example, your January earnings will clear in February and you’ll receive them by the middle of March.
You can choose to accept Zazzle payments via check or PayPal.
What Sells the Most on Zazzle?
While there’s no limit in what you can sell on Zazzle, there are still some categories that outperform the rest.
Here’s the list of most popular products sold on Zazzle:
- Wedding invitations
- Greeting cards
- Business cards
- Electronics and tech accessories (e.g. phone cases)
- ID badges
- Face coverings
How to Make Money as a Zazzle Associate?
How Does Zazzle Associate Program Work?
Zazzle Associate Program is a regular affiliate program, where you earn commission each time a customer buys from your link.
All you need to do is to claim your associate ID and links that you can share with your friends, to your followers on social media platforms, blogs or websites.
Zazzle Commission Rate
The Zazzle Associate Program commission rate for each purchase is 15%. Plus,
if Zazzle considers your customer purchase as a high volume purchase, you’ll get 17% of that sale.
Zazzle Associate Payments
You can withdraw your Zazzle affiliate earnings via check or PayPal. Note that the minimum payout is $50.
Zazzle Promotional Tools
Along with affiliate links, Zazzle offers you promotional banners that you can place on your website. They also provide link building guides.
How Much Money Can You Make on Zazzle?
The amount you can earn on Zazzle on a monthly basis completely depends on you. You’re the one setting the prices and deciding how many different product designs you want to sell. Obviously, the more designs you offer, the more you can earn.
That being said, let’s say you’ve designed a coffee mug print and priced it for $18.95. At the rate of 12%, you’ll be getting $2.27 in royalties each time that coffee mug sells. For example, if your goal is to earn $3,000 per month, you’ll need to sell 1,302 pieces of coffee mugs. Or you could add other products to your marketplace and diversify your earnings across multiple product designs.
Zazzle Pros & Cons
- 2 ways of making money: selling your designs and promoting the company
- Passive income opportunity – create a design or promote the company once and get commissions regularly
- Opportunity to set your royalty rate
- A great variety of templates you can use to create your designs
- No upfront fees and it’s free to join the platform
- Limited options for store customization
- Quality of some products you create may not be the best
Zazzle vs CustomInk
Unlike Zazzle, CustomInk only gives you an opportunity to design physical products, such as t-shirts, apparel, face coverings, drinkware, bags and other accessories. Moreover, you can’t sell your designs through CustomInk, you can only design the products that you can sell anywhere else.
Zazzle vs Teespring
Teespring is an e-commerce platform that lets you create and sell custom apparel, socks, accessories, phone cases and mugs. If you’re looking for more diverse product opportunities Zazzle is a better option as it allows you to sell digital products along with physical ones.
Zazzle vs CafePress
CafePress is a Zazzle alternative that allows you to have your own customized online shop where you can sell your designs on more than 250 products. But the main difference between the two platforms is that Zazzle is a more robust, user-friendly and popular platform compared to CafePress.
Is it Worth Selling Your Images or Designs with Zazzle?
Overall, Zazzle is a solid online marketplace and print-on-demand platform that offers you a great selection of templates for various digital and physical products.
So I would say selling your images with Zazzle is totally worth trying. As there are no upfront fees, you’re not losing anything after all.
However, it might be a tricky thing for beginners on the platform to choose royalty rates. That’s why I would recommend you put in a lot of research and thinking before you choose your royalties.