Table of Contents
- About Bulletproof Coffee
- Bulletproof Coffee Review
- Bulletproof MCT Oil Review
- Bulletproof Proteins Review
- Bulletproof Supplements Review
- How to Make Bulletproof Coffe
- Bulletproof Coffee Reviews from Customers
- Sign Up for Bulletproof
- Where to Buy Bulletproof Coffee
- Bulletproof Shipping and Return Policy
- Bulletproof Promotions & Discounts
- Bulletproof Customer Care
- Bulletproof Coffee Review: Editors Verdict
- Bulletproof Coffee FAQ
Bulletproof sells coffee, protein bars, MCT oils, protein powders, supplements, and health-related paraphernalia. The brand is the brainchild of the bulletproof coffee craze, which has gained popularity amongst health-conscious people since its conception in 2011. Here we offer our comprehensive Bulletproof Coffee Review to learn more about the brand!
The high-quality beans and associated ingredients (like MCT oil) are filled with healthy fats, serving as a fantastic meal-replacement option and giving those who drink it a natural energy boost. Many people following ketogenic diets, low-carb health plans, or paleo lifestyles enjoy this drink, noting that it’s a fantastic way to get their morning fuel and enhance their brainpower.
Here we explore Bulletproof the brand and its various product offerings. Whether you’re looking for premium coffee beans, protein powders, health-boosting supplements, or MCT oils, they have much to offer. Let’s explore our bulletproof products review.
About Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof was founded in 2011 when owner Dave Asprey created bulletproof coffee. The liquid drink combined quality coffee with medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil and high-quality grass-fed butter.
The brand believes that “the right nutrients can help you tap into your potential and feel your best every day” and strive to help consumers “fuel their path to greatness” one bulletproof coffee at a time.
The brand pride itself on its science-backed research, striving to enhance the body and mind with their healthy offerings. They also use premium ingredients, free from GMOs, artificial fillers, and soy.
- Enhances energy and is great as a morning pick-me-up
- The brand stocks high-quality coffee beans (available in a variety of roasts)
- The drink is friendly for those following ketogenic diets, paleo, and low-carb diets (with some consumers purporting weight loss benefits)
- Often drunk by those who do intermittent fasting
- On the expensive side
- High in saturated fat with grass-fed butter, MCT oil, or grass-fed ghee. Therefore not suitable for all consumers (especially those with cholesterol and other health issues) or vegans.
Bulletproof Coffee Review
If you’ve been meaning to explore the world of bulletproof coffee and see what the craze is all about, Bulletproof is the original kid on the block. Here we take a deep dive into their vast product range and explore some of the best benefits of bulletproof coffee.
If you are all about efficiency and ease, you will probably enjoy the convenience of the pre-ground varieties. One of the bestsellers is the Bulletproof Original. The medium roast boasts plum, orange, and cinnamon notes and offers consumers a hazelnut finish. They also stock an array of other ground blends, from light breakfast blends to richer roasts. It retails for $14.99 for 12 Oz.
The French Kick is a must-try for those who love darker roasts, renowned for medium-bodied flavors and hints of chocolate. They also stock decaffeinated options and sell in single packs of bulks of three.
Whole Bean Coffee
If your morning routine includes grinding your own beans, the whole bean coffee is definitely a must-try. Enjoy the smokey aroma of the darker blends or opt for citrus-inspired lighter blends. They also stock decaf beans and larger packs of 5 lb.
For those looking to dabble and explore different flavors, the variety pack is worth a try.
Bulk orders also save you 10 % and are worth it for those who drink Bulletproof Coffee on the regular.
Cold Brew Coffee
As the name suggests, cold brew coffee is brewed in cold water. Coarse coffee grounds are submerged in cool or room temperature water from anywhere between 8 and 24 hours. The coffee ratio is highly concentrated with a balance of around 1:4, and it is a lot stronger than traditional blends.
Rather than using temperature to brew the Coffee, this method relies on time. Bulletproof stocks a range of canned cold brews and flavors, including black Coffee, original latte, chocolate latte, and vanilla latte. 12-packs go for around $35.88, and variety packs are also available for those wanting a selection of flavors.
Bulletproof MCT Oil Review
MCT oil has many loyal followers, many of whom believe wholeheartedly in the health benefits. It is particularly popular amongst bodybuilders and athletes due to its potential to help weight loss and boost energy.
MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride, and the body quickly digests these medium-length chains of fat due to their shorter length. Over 50 % of MCT oil is extracted from coconut oil, and benefits can include:
- Weight-loss support: Thanks to its ability to release hormones – leptin and peptide YY – which make you feel full, it might help with weight loss efforts.
- A great energy booster: Thanks to their shorter length, the body can easily and quickly digest MCT. MCT’s can access cells with ease, and this can be used by the body immediately as a source of energy. This is why so many people drink coffee before a workout.
- Can fight yeast and bacteria: Another perk of this oil is that it can fight bacterial and yeast growth. These anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties aid in their health-boosting properties, supporting overall health.
Bulletproof sells two MCT oil types, namely Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil and MCT oil.
Brain Octane Oil Review
The Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is sourced from coconuts and quickly converts into brain-fueling, fat-burning energy. The oil helps consumers to control food cravings and enhances their cognitive performance, making it a great kickstart to any workday or workout. The oil is flavorless, so it can be easily added to salads, smoothies, and of course, bulletproof Coffee. The 32 Oz sells for $48.95 dollars, and orders over $35 get free shipping.
Available in 32 Oz and 16 Oz, this product is made with a mixture of C8 and C10 medium-chain triglycerides. This works well to curb hunger cravings and boost energy. Since it’s also flavorless, it can also be added to any liquid drink and meal. It is also cheaper than the brain octane oil mix and is a great choice for anyone embarking on the ketogenic diet or those on a budget since the bulletproof coffee ingredients can add up.
Bulletproof Proteins Review
Bulletproof also stock a range of protein powders and bars, great for enhancing skin health, boosting energy, and supporting overall bodily wellbeing.
Collagen protein has been associated with many impressive health benefits. It is the most abundant bodily protein and is the main building block of all our connective tissues. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, and that is where protein supplements come into play. Collagen has the following benefits: Enhancing skin health, relieving joint pains, boosting muscle mass, aiding heart health, and supporting gut health.
Bulletproof stocks a range of collagen powders, available in different flavors and size varieties. One of the bestsellers is the 16.7 Oz unflavored powder which retails for around $39.95. The unflavoured protein is grass-fed and can be easily added to any hot or cold drink. They also sell collagen and gelatine mixes and flavored powders in chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla bean, and tropical.
Those looking to heal their gut health have a specialized gut-boosting option with added probiotics and probiotics. Bulk buys and collagen protein sachets are also available.
Collagen Protein Bars
Collagen protein bars are great when you need a quick pick-me-up and make for an excellent pre-workout or midday snack. The collagen helps to aid skin, joint, and bone health, and the high-quality fats allow for sustained energy throughout the day. The bars boast 7 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar, and MCT oil.
Bulletproof collagen bars come in an array of flavors to suit diverse palettes. These include double chocolate, vanilla cookie, vanilla shortbread, fudge brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough, lemon cookie, cafe latte, mint choc chip, and berry cobbler, so there is really something for everyone.
The bars sell in packs of 12 and retail for $32.28, so each bar costs $2.69. They make for a great snack and are perfect for anyone who needs to access nutrition on the go.
Bulletproof Supplements Review
Bulletproof also stock a range of supplements to combat a range of ailments. Some popular products include their Express 3-in-1 probiotic for gut health, Vitamin A, D, and K gummies for heart, immune, and bone health, turmeric capsules to fight inflammation, and magnesium to support the nervous system.
Consumers can easily search for supplements via their needs, and categories include gummy vitamins, performance and immunity supplements, mood and memory supplements, detox and gut health supplements, and sleep support.
Here we explore some of their popular supplements.
Mood & Memory
If you are looking for quality supplements to boost mood and memory, you can explore the following capsule options:
- Smart mode – (60 tablets): These tablets support alertness and mental clarity and include various ingredients that support brain health and promote shape concentration.
- Zen mode – (45 tablets): If you want to chill out and enjoy ultimate tranquility, these supplements are worth a shot. By enhancing the body’s stress-fighting properties, these tablets aid relaxation, and stress relief. A bottle of 45 capsules retails for $44.95.
- Neuromaster – (30 tablets): If you find yourself needing some support with focus and attention, Neuromaster tablets are worth a shot. Infused with caffeine fruit extract, this product strengthens brain cells and works towards creating new ones. A box of 30 capsules retails for $55.95.
- Methyl B-12 – (60 count): B-12 has brilliant health benefits, ensuring optimum energy and high-functioning nerve function. This product retails for around $19.95.
Detox & Gut Health
Bulletproof also sells a range of supplements that help consumers detox and enhance gut health. Some of their top products in this category include:
- Express 3-in-1 Probiotic – (90 tablets): Filled with probiotics, probiotics, and post biotics, this 3-in-1 blend is perfect for anyone wanting to boost their gut health. These supplements work to enhance digestion and encourage a healthy gut microbiome for overall bodily health. These tablets retail for $44.95, and a bottle lasts a month with three tablets per day.
- Coconut Charcoal – (90 tablets): If you are struggling with bloating or gas, these tablets might help. Made with coconut shells, this all-natural detox supplement is perfect for anyone who needs some reliable relief. Activated charcoal acts as a brilliant ‘system cleanup’ since harmful toxins and gas bind to the ingredient before being flushed out of the system. There are 90 tablets in the bottle, and it sells for $18.95.
- Glutathione Force – (90 tablets): Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant. These tablets work to strengthen bodily immunity and protect body cells from free radicals. Antioxidants can inhibit the oxidation process (a harmful chemical reaction that creates free radicals, which can cause numerous diseases.) These supplements can support the detox process and retails for $59.95.
- Polyphenomenal – (120 tablets): Polyphenomenal is a powerful plant-based antioxidant, supporting the immune system, fighting free radicals, and helping with healthy aging. With botanical and berry infusions – and hints of green tea and turmeric -, these supplements work to fight the aging process. The bottle retails for $39.95.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffe
Bulletproof Coffee can be made in under 5 minutes, making it an easy option when you want a quick meal replacement. Here we explore Bulletproof’s tried and tested original recipe.
- 1 cup of brewed Bulletproof Coffee
- 1 teaspoon – 2 tablespoons MCT oil (brain octane C8)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter or ghee
Top hint: When you’re starting with bulletproof Coffee, only add a teaspoon of MCT oil. Build up incrementally over a few weeks and adjust the butter/ghee ratio as needed.
- Brew your Coffee in a percolator or Moka pot using Bulletproof beans. (8-12 ounces will do)
- Mix the brewed Coffee with the MCT oil and butter or ghee and place in a blender
- Blend for between 20 and thirty seconds until you see a creamy (latte-Esque) consistency
NB: If you don’t have a blender, simply mix all the ingredients together in your coffee cup.
Bulletproof Coffee Reviews from Customers
Bulletproof enjoys a pretty impressive 79% favorable ranking on Amazon, with many customers commending the brand for “great taste [and] great benefits.” Other positive bulletproof coffee reviews from consumers include increased energy, smooth taste, assistance with weight loss, and praise for the high-quality coffee beans.
On the whole, it seems like consumers enjoy the taste and effect of bulletproof, with many noting they don’t feel the usual acidity that they experience with cheaper coffee brands.
However, there are a few critiques of the brand, with a small percentage of consumers finding it to be overpriced and not understanding all the hype. Others have shared that the coffee flavor itself isn’t as ‘robust’ or full as they would like, suggesting they would prefer a bolder flavor.
Sign Up for Bulletproof
When you sign up for Bulletproof, you can save an impressive 10 % on your purchases. Moreover, any order over $35 comes with free shipping. These are pretty good incentives to create an account, and users can decide on the frequency of their buys from anywhere between two weeks and three months.
Since you can cancel your subscription at any time, there isn’t the pressure that you have to keep buying products if you haven’t run out or don’t enjoy them. You can also pause your subscription at any point if you need a break.
The brand also often sells bulk deals, and subscribing is a great way to keep up to date with the latest savings.
Where to Buy Bulletproof Coffee
The bulletproof website has a handy store locator form that clients can fill in. Simply fill in details like city, state, postal code, and choose the products that you need, and the store locator will let you know if products are available at physical stores near you.
If you cannot find a nearby store and you are based in the US, then you can enjoy free shipping for any order over $35.
Bulletproof Shipping and Return Policy
Bulletproof ship within the US, and any order over $35 enjoys free shipping. They have also partnered with FedEx to ship internationally (to locations outside the US.) Currently, they ship to Canada, the UK, Netherlands, France, Norway, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, New Zealand, and Australia.
Details can be easily accessed on their website, and costs vary depending on the particular location. Nonetheless, with the current Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent postal disruptions, products might take longer to arrive.
Any product bought from Bulletproof can be returned within 30 days if consumers follow the process. Customers need to contact the care department for processing requirements before sending the products back. Once authorization is received, you can send your product back and get a refund.
Bulletproof Promotions & Discounts
Bulletproof often has bulk discount options, and these are great for those wanting to buy products in larger quantities and stock up. The site also often has daily deals, so it is definitely worth checking out what is on offer.
Subscribers can also enjoy a 10 % discount on their orders, and any order over $35 ships for free in the US.
Bulletproof Customer Care
Consumers can contact customer care with any problems or queries.
Bulletproof Coffee Review: Editors Verdict
If you are following the ketogenic diet or want a boost of energy and healthy fats, the bulletproof coffee craze might be worth a try. While we would suggest checking with your doctor before consuming such high fats daily, if you are given the all-clear, it might be worth a shot (of espresso!)
The brand enjoys pretty impressive reviews on the whole, with many commending the quality of their goods. If you are willing to fork out some cash and invest in your morning pick-me-up, Bulletproof is worth it! Why not try it for a month and see what you think? You can end your subscription at any time and enjoy some great bulk deals and savings if you sign up.
If you are looking for more ‘tasty’ brands, check out our reviews of Blue Bottle Coffee, Ka’chava and Fresh Vine Wine.
Bulletproof Coffee FAQ
Is Bulletproof Coffee good for keto?
Bulletproof Coffee might help the body to reach the state of ketosis, an important phenomenon in the ketogenic diet. When the body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates to burn, it starts burning fat and releases ketones which are used as energy.
Since bulletproof Coffee is high in fat (thanks to the MCT oil and butter), it is a high-fat option that might aid this process. As always, check with your healthcare provider before starting the Keto diet or any other restrictive meal plan.
Can I have a Bulletproof Coffee while fasting?
Bulletproof Coffee can form a part of your fasting process; however, drinking it will have a similar effect as eating a meal. It might be a good option in-between intermittent fasting and will most likely kickstart the ketosis process.
What is the best way to keep Bulletproof coffee beans fresh?
Once you open your packet of coffee, the beans are exposed to the air. The best way to keep them fresh is to store them safely in an airtight container. Happily, Bulletproof sells a specialized airtight container.
Are Bulletproof coffee beans low-acid?
Coffee contains five natural acids, many of which have beneficial health properties. An average mug of black Coffee usually has a PH balance of about five, and it is thus a mildly acidic drink, but many have advocated for the benefits.
Chlorogenic acid, for example, is a powerful antioxidant and also has anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory properties. Citric acid and Malic acid also have fantastic anti-inflammatory properties. If you want to reduce acid, however, darker roasts are less acidic.