Table of Contents
Lumbar Packs are often a necessity for those who spend long hours on their feet or have any other physical ailment that affects the back. But with so many different Lumbar Packs to choose from, it can be hard to make a decision. Consider these tips before you buy your Lumbar Pack to ensure you get the one that’s best for you!
What are Lumbar Packs?
Image Source: Link
Lumbar packs, also known as waist packs or fanny packs, are a type of backpack that is worn around the waist. They are ideal for carrying smaller items such as a water bottle, snacks, and a first-aid kit when hiking or engaging in other outdoor activities. When choosing a lumbar pack, it is important to consider the size, weight, and features that will best suit your needs.
Size: Lumbar packs come in a variety of sizes, from small packs that can hold just a few items to large packs that can carry everything you need for a day hike. Choose the size that will best fit the items you plan to carry.
Weight: A lumbar pack should be lightweight so that it doesn’t add too much weight to your load. Consider the materials the pack is made from and choose one that strikes a balance between durability and lightness.
Features: In addition to storage space, some lumbar packs come with additional features such as an integrated rain cover or hydration bladder compatibility. Choose the features that will be most useful to you based on how you plan to use your pack.
Types of Lumbar Packs
Image Source: Link
When it comes to lumbar packs, there are a variety of different types that you can choose from. Here is a look at some of the most popular types:
- Day Packs: These packs are perfect for short hikes or walks. They typically have a capacity of around 20 liters and weigh between 1 and 2 pounds.
- Weekend Packs: As the name suggests, these packs are designed for longer weekend hikes. They usually have a capacity of 40 liters or more and can weigh up to 4 pounds.
- Extended Trip Packs: These packs are ideal for extended backpacking trips or multi-day hikes. They usually have a capacity of 60 liters or more and can weigh up to 6 pounds.
- Frame Packs: These packs feature an internal frame that helps distribute the weight more evenly, making them ideal for carrying heavier loads. They typically have a capacity of 60 liters or more and can weigh up to 8 pounds.
Pros and Cons of Lumbar Packs
When it comes to choosing the right lumbar pack for your needs, there are a few things you need to take into account. Here are some pros and cons of lumbar packs to help you make the best decision:
- Lumbar packs sit lower on your back, making them more comfortable to carry.
- They distribute weight more evenly than other types of packs, making them ideal for longer hikes.
- Lumbar packs also tend to have more pockets and compartments than other types of packs, allowing you to better organize your gear.
- Because they sit lower on your back, lumbar packs can sometimes interfere with your range of motion.
- They can also be more difficult to access than other types of packs, so you might have to stop and take off your pack if you need something from it.
- Lumbar packs can also put more strain on your lower back if they’re too heavy or not properly adjusted.
Features to Consider When Buying a Lumbar Pack
Image Source: Link
When you are looking for a lumbar pack, there are several features that you will want to take into consideration in order to find the perfect one for your needs.
The size of the pack is an important factor, as you need to make sure that it is large enough to hold all of the items that you want to carry with you.
- Another important feature to consider is the type of straps that are used to secure the pack onto your body.
- Some packs have adjustable straps so that they can be made to fit any body type, while others have fixed straps that may not be as comfortable for everyone.
- Additionally, you will want to think about what type of materials the pack is made out of and how durable it is.
- If you plan on using your lumbar pack for hiking or other outdoor activities, you will need something that can stand up to the elements and keep your belongings safe and dry.
Reviews of the Best Lumbar Packs
Image Source: Link
When it comes to finding the best lumbar packs, reviews are a great place to start. Not only do they provide insight into what others have thought about a particular product, but they can also help you narrow down your options.
There are a few things to keep in mind when reading reviews, however. First, remember that not everyone has the same needs as you do. What works for one person might not be the best option for another. Second, take everything with a grain of salt. Just because someone didn’t like a product doesn’t mean it’s not good – it could just mean it wasn’t right for them.
With that being said, here are some of the best lumbar packs on the market, according to customer reviews:
Osprey Aura AG 65L Backpack: This backpack is designed specifically for women and offers a comfortable fit with plenty of room for all of your gear. Reviewers love the adjustable hip belt and shoulder straps, as well as the fact that it’s lightweight yet durable.
Gregory Deva 60L Backpack: This backpack is perfect for weekend getaways or longer hikes. It features a comfortable suspension system and is made from high-quality materials. Reviewers appreciate the attention to detail and convenient features, such as an integrated rain cover.
REI Trail 40 Backpack: This backpack is versatile and affordable, making it a great option for those on a budget. It’s comfortable to wear and has plenty of room for all of your essentials. Reviewers love the simple design and durable construction.
Arc’teryx Bora AR 63L Backpack: This backpack is perfect for long hikes and backpacking trips. It’s made from high-quality materials and features a comfortable suspension system. Reviewers appreciate the attention to detail and convenient features, such as an integrated rain cover.
Osprey Aether AG 70L Backpack: This backpack is perfect for long hikes and backpacking trips. It’s made from high-quality materials and features a comfortable suspension system. Reviewers appreciate the attention to detail and convenient features, such as an integrated rain cover.